Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Tumbling…

The thing about a new sewing machine is that you have to get to know it…  Especially this machine which seems to stitch at the speed of light!!  So for my first sewing project I decided the best way to get to know it was to sew something that didn’t require precision.  As the crumb box was getting full I thought a few mile a minute blocks would be just the thing…

I sewed and sewed and sewed…and rather than cut them into squares, I decided to get out the Accuquilt to cut them into tumblers…96 in all!!  I had some other fabrics all ready so together I have more than enough for 2 quilts.

More sewing to be done before they become tops…

Until next time...♥

9 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Great idea!!!

YankeeQuilter said...

Nice! I have a vintage quilt where the string pieced blocks are hexagons...think I need to break out of my square thinking!

audrey said...

Love your scrappy tumblers. Great idea.:)

Lynda said...

That's why I love MAM - so many possibilities!

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, looks fun Jane! I loved the tumbler block - I hope you're having fun with it!

Lorette Cole said...

They look great Jane. It will be beautiful... can't wait to see it finished!

Kitty said...

You are surely one of the most productive bloggers! I love those tumblers.

Shirley said...

Great use of scraps Jane.

Juliann in WA said...

What a fun way to use up scraps