Monday, March 03, 2014

Put on Your Sunglasses…

OMG where on earth did 3 weeks just go... Well, never mind...I won't make excuses, but rather share some of the things I've been working on.

My deliberate choice of bright colours is certainly helping to lift the blahs and I now have a top ready for quilting and a start of something that I think might grow a little bigger before being finished.

Here is the top that I completed over half term using the Missouri Star Quilts pattern that they share in this video. It was a delight to make, but as I mentioned before the edges are all bias edges and extra care needed to be taken. I carefully measured and pinned each border -see Liz...I took note- :o) so that the edges won't ripple when it is quilted. Once completed it will heading for Project Linus.

This block (below) was started as a sample for a class I'm teaching, but I decided that it didn't really show off all the components I needed, so I remade my samples and had enough flying geese from my old sample to put this jazzy border around the sides. It measures 20" at the moment, but I think it needs to grow a bit more before being called done. If anyone has any suggestions for the next round, I'm all ears.

In other news...there is to be a new addition to the family...no not that kind of addition!!!! but rather a new sewing addition. My sewing corner has been cleared and I'm just waiting for a delivery date before I reveal what I've bought. Ooooh I do love leaving you in suspense :o)

Until next time...♥

9 comments:

FP said...

Awesome blog! Heartiest congratulations.
JR

Lesley said...

Both your quilt tops are so sweet!

Colleen Gander said...

You have lots of colour choices in your little topper to make a piano key border in multi colours an option. A little spring colour to offset the white outside my window.

Ellyn said...

I was thinking a piano key border too! maybe first a darkish small border to frame things out? It's lovely! can't wait to see your secret purchase

Thimbleanna said...

They're both beautiful Jane -- such bright, happy colors -- and much needed with this never-ending winter! I can't wait to see your new addition!!!

CATHY DANIEL said...

Jane - they are both gorgeous and you must be pleased with the way they've turned out. Have loved looking round your blog. xCathy

Liz said...

Spring has sprung in your house WOW I love your fabric choices and I hope your new addition has a big mouth, well perhaps a slightly larger throat!

Kitty said...

Those are fabulous fabric choices. And I wonder what your new addition is?!

black bear cabin said...

i love that block that is turning into a miniature quilt...the colors and fabrics are adorable!