Wednesday, October 30, 2013

What’s that in the sky?

Hark! I hear you saying..what's that in the sky?  It’s the sun!!  After 3 weeks of gloomy wet traditional English weather and one almighty storm, the sun came out yesterday!  I can’t believe that during the 3 weeks I had my sister and my mom visiting from Canada that the weather could be so English!!  It really must have been for their benefit.  God forbid that England gets a reputation for good weather! LOL

So as the sun came out and it’s half term DD2 and I ventured out to one of our favourite places…Coombe Abbey.

If you have been a long time reader of my blog, you’ll have already seen many pictures over the years of Coombe Abbey.  It’s one of those places that really changes with the seasons and makes for wonderful pictures.  

DD2 has a growing interested in photography and I gave her my pocket camera to see what she could come up with.  Poor thing doesn’t really have a choice as she is just following in my footsteps and those of her sister who has her own blog now to share her photography.

After looking at things at eye level I suggested we get down low to the ground.  This is one I took…

And this is DD2’s..first shot, using the macro setting!  I love it!!

She liked that one so much…she took another using this leaf as her subject matter…

Next I spied this awesome mushroom.  I took a picture of DD2 as she got close to the ground and she returned the favour.  Except, my picture of DD2 taking a picture is MUCH more flattering that the one she took of me! (It’s so bad..it’s not going to be seen here..but I’ll just say I never wish to see my wrinkles that close-up again!!…that’s what I get for showing her the macro setting!!)

Here’s the mushroom.  I took many variations from different angles…but this one was my favourite.  I just need a little fairy peering around the corner…

Until next time...♥

13 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

The apples do not fall far from the tree! I love just going for a walk with my camera in hand. The lighting is just perfect in those pictures! Well done, both of you!

Ali said...

Thanks for the trip down memory lane - my gran lived in Nuneaton and took me to Coombe Abbey all the time. Lovely pictures.

Thimbleanna said...

Oh how fun to be taking photos with your daughters. Your oldest's blog is beautiful -- you must be so proud of her!

Timi said...

So beautiful photos!!! Specially Holly's first macro shot! I love that photo!!! It's amazing!

Liz McMahon said...

Lovely shots Jane, my next post is Strid wood at Bolton Abbey and Fungi...great time of the year.
xx

Cathi said...

Such wonderful photos! You are so fortunate to have such a marvellous place nearby!

Elizabeth said...

The weather down here in the south hasn't been as bad as you've had. Glad to hear it's brightened up. Your photos are ,lovely as always. coombe Abbey looks beautiful with the sun on it, it will go onto my list of places to visit.

Shirley said...

Good genes obviously.

LynCC said...

What a sweet mother/daughter day. The Abbey is just gorgeous in that lighting. Was that the property in the latest Pride & Prejudice movie?

Leanne said...

Wonderful snaps by DD2 and you also. You know that is why our eyes fail as we get older so that we can not see those wrinkles LOL.

Canadian Abroad said...

Love that you can share the interest together. ANd be outside walking, and talking and bonding. Good things all coming together.

Katherine said...

Amazing photos, Jane. Wow. Your daughter is definitely got the eye for snapping great pics, too.

Tanya said...

Your daughter has a great photography teacher in her mother! Wish I was part of the family!