Thursday, July 04, 2013

Hand-piecing…

Back in May, I mentioned that I was working on a hand-pieced project and I’ve been forgetting to show you the blocks!  So last weekend when the weather was fine I dragged DD1 away from her knitting to be chief holder-upper.

In case you wondering which of the blocks was the one that didn’t measure up from this post…  It’s the spools at the top.  I have had another go piecing a different block with pre-shrunk freezer paper and it did come out better and to size, but I can’t help but wonder of a template is used more than once if the shrinking can keep happening. So I’m in the process of remaking the spool blocks using traditional template plastic.  More thought and experimentation needs to occur before I make a final decision about which is best.

The other little bit of hand-piecing I did recently is this Kansas Sunflower…started on a quiet campsite in Oxfordshire…finished in a noisy household! LOL Not sure what I’ll use it for, but for now it is pinned to my board just to be pretty.

Until next time...♥

6 comments:

audrey said...

So pretty! Love what you're working on right now.:)

Leanne said...

There is something wonderful about hand piecing. Love the sunflower.

Melanie said...

Beautiful work... The fabrics just say happy....

Lynda said...

I must admit, I never thought hand piecing would be so enjoyable, but I'm hooked! Beautiful sunflower.

Katherine said...

Beautiful hand piecing, Jane.

sewkalico said...

Lovely blocks. I can't believe they're all hand pieced -so much work!